For Immediate Release
North Carolina Glass Center hiring Part Time Studio Technician
ASHEVILLE NC OCTOBER 18, 2016
INTERVIEWS TO BEGIN OCTOBER 25TH, COMMENCING UNTIL POSITION FILLED
Position: PT Studio Technician: 10-12 hours/week to start
Reports to: Studio Manager
Responsibilities: Primary duties will include charging the glass furnace, cleaning and general maintenance of the glass studios and equipment.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Hands on maintenance of studio equipment & facility
● Charging the furnace, which may include working evenings and nights
● Work with the studio manager to help maintain a clean, safe and functioning work space in all studios
● Assist with design and build of studio equipment as needed
● Inform the studio manager of any and all issues relating to the studio and equipment
● Maintain a professional demeanor at all times in a supportive and respectful environment.
● Perform other duties & responsibilities as required
The applicant should be supportive of the NC Glass Center mission. This position is based in a busy public environment, applicants should be able to switch tasks often according to demands and be enthusiastic to interact with individuals of all race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, as well as physical and mental abilities. Demonstrable skills in the following areas:
● Applicant should have hands on experience in facility & equipment maintenance
● Metalworking, woodworking, and refractory experience preferred
● Strong verbal skills & ability to work well with others
● Must be self driven and able to take direction
● Must be able to consistently lift and carry supplies and other items (including Glass) weighing up to 50 lbs.
● Comfortable using a ladder
● Developed skills with electrical & hand tools
● Position requires standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day; standing for the entire shift should be expected
● Must be able to work in the heat or cold throughout the entire work day
● Glass working skills not required
Salary Range: $9.00- $11.00 based upon experience
Status: Part-time. Pending budget approval.
About NCGC: Located in the heart of the River Arts District of Asheville, the North Carolina Glass Center opened doors in June 2016 and is currently expanding into an 11,500 square foot studio in the North River Arts District RAMP building. NCGC is dedicated to education, exploration & collaboration in all forms of glass. We offer daily instruction, demonstrations and a fine glass gallery.
To Apply Submit:
Current resume or CV to:
North Carolina Glass Center
All applications will be reviewed. A background check is required for all new employees.
Applicants will be hired based on demand and qualifications.
NCGC is a tobacco free establishment
NCGC is an Equal Opportunity Employment Organization.