NC Glass Center hiring Executive Director
August 21, 2018
North Carolina Glass Center (NCGC), founded in 2014, is a nonprofit arts organization dedicated to education, exploration and collaboration in all forms of glass. NCGC is the artistic home of 30+ professional glass artists and has delivered educational programming to 7,000+ students and artists since its inception. NCGC has supported the work of the Western North Carolina glass art community by providing over 5,000 hours in studio rentals over the past two years and by representing the NCGC artists and instructors in the NCGC Gallery, which has sold nearly 10,000 objects since opening in 2016. We hold a position of respect with galleries, institutions, organizations, and the media as a leader in Western North Carolina’s glass movement.
The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the mission and policies set by the Board of Directors while working with the Board to develop and implement a strategic plan for NCGC.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of NCGC. The Executive Director’s duties include managing NCGC’s programs, facility, fundraising, financials and staff through her/his/their direct reports; taking a lead role in development efforts, acting as primary liaison between staff and the board and its committees, and providing reports to the Board on the management of the organization.
The Executive Director will work with the Board, staff, and community to ensure that NCGC is a sustainable organization led by a capable team. Priorities are maintaining thriving operations, continuing the growth of educational programs, working to develop a strategic plan, building community relationships, and creating partnerships with other organizations.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
- Minimum 3-5 years of senior management experience
- General knowledge of non-profit operations
- Excellent fundraising track record, including success with grants and events
- Proven success working with a board of directors
- Excellence in organizational management
- Experience or knowledge of working with glass preferred, along with an interest in glass as an artistic medium
- Ability to work in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passionate, ethical, positive, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Personable with a sense of humor
NCGC offers competitive salary and benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Executive Director” in the subject line.