FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NC Glass Center hiring Part Time Gallery Associate
Asheville NC January 8, 2018
Interviews to begin january 22, commencing until position filled
Position: PT Gallery Sales Associate & NCGC Spokesperson, 8-30 hours/week to start
Reports to: Operations Manager
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities are customer service, education and sales, which promote and enhance the NC Glass Center commitment to excellence and professionalism, supporting the mission and culture of the organization. Gallery staff assists with merchandising of work, exhibit presentation and promotion of our educational & community based mission.
We seek to employ people who are concerned not only with their own personal success, but also with the success of our organization and the well-being of the NCGC community.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Welcome all customers
· Educate the public on our mission, the works on display, and the artists represented
· Assist customers with purchases, providing customer services such as gift wrapping & shipping
· Promote, schedule and book instructional courses
· Meet or exceed monthly goals for gallery & instructional sales
· Work one on one with customers placing special orders for custom work
· Serve as the face & voice for the organization: answering the phone and handling inquiries
· Prepare deposits and daily sales reports
· Assist with merchandising & gallery maintenance
· Work with the gallery manager to complete monthly inventory
· Participate in training sessions & monthly all studio meetings
· Assist with special events
· Maintain records of student attendance & all rentals in according to NCGC procedure.
· Maintain a professional demeanor at all times in a supportive and respectful environment.
· Support and encourage students to learn and explore their ideas & customers to find the piece right for their needs.
· Responsible for informing department director of any and all issues relating to the public, customers, students, facilities and any other issues that may arise
· Ideal candidate would be able to assist with clerical, administrative, and social media tasks
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Gallery associates should be supportive of the NC Glass Center mission. This position is based in a busy public environment, applicants should be able to switch tasks often according to demands and be enthusiastic to interact with individuals of all race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, as well as physical and mental abilities. Demonstrable skills in the following areas required:
- Must have availability to work days, weekends & holidays
- Sales experience, self-motivation and a great passion for sharing knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well developed multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle cash and credit card revenue as well as basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and other items (including Glass) weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable using a ladder and hand tool skills ( drills, painting equipment).
- Position requires standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day; standing for the entire shift should be expected.
- Must be able to work in the heat or cold throughout the entire work day.
- Preferred previous gallery sales experience & knowledge of contemporary glass
Salary Range: Based upon experience
Status: Part-time. Pending budget approval.
About NCGC: Located in the heart of the River Arts District of Asheville, the North Carolina Glass Center opened doors in June 2016. NCGC is dedicated to education, exploration & collaboration in all forms of glass. We offer daily instruction, demonstrations and a fine glass gallery.
To Apply Submit:
Current resume or CV to:
North Carolina Glass Center
All applications will be reviewed. A background check is required for all new employees.
Applicants will be hired based on demand and qualifications.
NCGC is a tobacco free establishment.
NCGC is an Equal Opportunity Employment Organization.